Instructions only pertain to:
Summer Academy Series
Summer Service Scholars
College and Career Readiness Institute
Create a New Account
Applicants can access the application by clicking on the “Start Application” button on this page. Applicants will first click “Create an account” to begin the pre-college application process and complete the required information. Applicants will be sent a PIN to set up an account to start the application.
Courses are listed on the application, but can also be found under the “Explore Programs” tab. Applicants will then be given the opportunity to upload their required materials (listed below) after completing the online application.
Be sure to complete all tabs of the online application and click the “Submit Application” button at the end.
Once an applicant submits the online application, they will receive a confirmation email from email@example.com. Another email will be sent for missing required supplemental documents that need to be uploaded through the newly created account to the online application. Once an application is fully complete (including the required materials noted below), a confirmation email will be sent and we will begin reviewing. Applications will be accepted until the program is full.
For all materials listed below, you can upload them electronically to your online application.
If you experience difficulty uploading them electronically, please email your documents to firstname.lastname@example.org.
1. Letter of recommendation. Plan to have a letter of recommendation sent from a school counselor, your principal, or a teacher who knows you well. It should address your readiness for a rigorous academic and service experience. Once you fill out the contact information (including the recommender’s email address) from your online application, an email will be sent directly to your recommender.
2. Official school transcript. If you upload an unofficial transcript, you or your school will still need to send us your official school transcript for verification by either email (listed above) OR physically mailing it to our address below:
Office of Graduate and Advancing Education
Green Hall 111
The College of New Jersey
PO Box 7718
Ewing, NJ 08628-0718
Attention: Name of Pre-College program
Summer Service Scholars & College and Career Readiness additionally require:
3. A 250 (maximum) personal statement. In your statement, please let us know why you are interested in community engaged learning. What would you contribute to the program? What do you hope to get out of it?
The Program Admissions Committee will evaluate all complete applications and determine which students will be accepted. Notifications will be made on a rolling basis.
Accepted students will receive additional materials including payment deadlines, medical forms, liability releases, and emergency notification forms. These materials must be filled out and back in our hands by the deadline indicated.
- A student can receive a full refund for the program if they withdraw before they attend the second day of class and/or their service site, whichever comes first. After that, there are no refunds.
- If you are accepted and don’t submit your non-refundable deposit by the specified due date for the program, you will lose your reserved spot and cannot participate in the program.
- If you are accepted, submit a deposit, and decide not to participate, then you will not receive a refund of your
- If a program is cancelled by a TCNJ official, you will receive a full refund of payments you already made to the program.