TCNJ’s Pre-College Summer Academy Series welcomes rising 9th, 10th and 11th grade high school students who want to explore careers and experience undergraduate academic and student life at TCNJ. Students will have an opportunity to learn and work with TCNJ faculty and current TCNJ undergraduate students. Academic topics are taught by TCNJ faculty (not graduate students) to ensure a rigorous educational experience. Students will also meet and interact with TCNJ staff from admissions, career services, student life, and more! Best of all – students can live and learn with peers with common academic interests.
Pre-College Summer Academy Series
Learn with peers interested in intellectual challenges on a beautiful college campus.
A typical day includes academic work, career exploration, small and large group collaborative activities, and a social activity time. Students will eat at Eickhoff Hall, a beautiful facility with healthy, great tasting food. Students will interact with both TCNJ faculty and undergraduate students with a passion for teaching and mentoring young people. Students collaborate on a culminating project presentation. Students also learn about the college admissions process and how to highlight pre-college experiences in their portfolio of activities.
• Career and college major exploration
• Workshop with admissions staff about highlighting pre-college experiences during the college admissions process
• Career Center, Center for Student Success, and Academic Research workshops to learn about college academic life
• Led by TCNJ faculty and undergraduates
• Recreational and Experiential activities
• Use of TCNJ Aquatics Center and Student Center
• Residential and Commuter Options
• Meals, T- Shirts and more!
To see sample schedules from 2019, click here.
Summer Academy Series 2018: